Houston Overloaded Trailer Accident Attorney
Professional Representation from a Houston Personal Injury Attorney
Tractor trailers must haul tons of cargo across our highways, sometimes from one end of the country to the other. Nationwide and in Texas, semi-trucks cannot weigh more than 80,000 in total, and there are truck weighing stations along freeways to ensure this number is not exceeded.
And yet, in order to make shipping more efficient and cost-effective for the companies involved, workers sometimes pack trailers beyond the legal capacity. Not only is this illegal, violating established federal regulations, but it also makes the truck more difficult to control.
If you were injured in a traffic collision involving a commercial truck, an overloaded trailer could be at fault. Hold all parties accountable for the painful and traumatic outcome by seeking legal counsel from a Houston personal injury attorney at The Cox Pradia Law Firm, P.L.L.C. today.
We have achieved substantial recoveries for our clients, and we would be honored to help you find the compensation that you deserve.
Injured due to an overloaded trailer in Houston? Schedule a free, initial consultation with one of our truck accident injury attorneys today. Call us at (888) 240-0843 to get started.
What Dangers Can an Overloaded Trailer Cause?
Workers at the loading dock or warehouse might intentionally overload a trailer, thinking themselves clever or more efficient at their jobs. When they don’t actually see the vehicle rolling down the highways, it is easy for them to forget how much danger their negligence is really causing.
Consequences of an overloaded tractor trailer include:
- Rollovers: Trailers often become top-heavy when they are overloaded, as the load crews tend to stack more product or shipment on top of pallets already in the truck. With a sharp turn or strong wind, a top-heavy trailer can tip over, crushing any smaller vehicles in the way.
- Speeding: With overloaded trailers, truck drivers may assume it will require greater amounts of fuel to maintain highway speeds and press down the pedal. In reality, they only risk pushing their engines too far and accelerating beyond safe speed limits.
- Difficulty braking: The heavier the vehicle, the more inertia it will gather as it travels. When it comes time for a stop – especially a sudden stop – an overloaded trailer will require far more room to brake than most drivers will anticipate.
- Property damage: Even at slow speeds, an overloaded semi-truck will have a momentum equal to or greater than that of a speeding car. One mistake could lead to a collision that causes massive damage to property and structures.
- Truck destruction: The body of an overloaded trailer will begin to break as it undergoes an excessive amount of stress. Such failures could eventually lead to a total loss of control of the vehicle.
Hold Truck Drivers Accountable With Our Help
Whether a trailer was overloaded due to negligence or intentional recklessness, someone is to blame, and it isn’t you. If you were injured in a truck accident that involved an overloaded trailer, you deserve financial compensation for your injuries and damaged vehicle.
Our Houston personal injury attorneys at The Cox Pradia Law Firm, P.L.L.C. have more than 40 years of collective experience and will pursue justice on your behalf, no matter where they need to go or what they need to do. We can work towards a settlement with the shipping corporation responsible for packing the trailer.
We can fight for you in court against the truck driver, if we must. We can even contest coverage provided by your own insurance company – all for your benefit. We want to put the client first, and to prove it, we work on a contingency fee basis. If we don’t win, you don’t pay.
You don’t have to be a victim of a truck accident. Contact us today to start securing your future.
Our ValuesWhat Our Work Means To Us
Passionate and dedicated advocacy.
Our team is dedicated to the people we represent. It's not just a job for us. We care deeply about each client.
We are trial lawyers and not claims adjusters. We are always prepared to take your fight to the courts.
Reputation for success.
We take on tough cases that other lawyers turn down and have recovered significant results for our clients.
Free initial consultations.
Understanding your rights and the strength of your personal injury or wrongful death claim is risk-free.