Houston Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Put Over 40 Years of Experience on Your Side
Motorcycle accidents are the worst type of motor vehicle accident in which you could be involved. While drivers and passengers in cars, vans, trucks, and other vehicles have seat belts, air bags, and their vehicle itself to protect them from the impact of a crash, motorcyclists have none of these.
Only a motorcycle helmet and protective clothing stand between a motorcyclist and severe, often life-altering personal injury. The Cox Pradia Law Firm, P.L.L.C. is a proud advocate for motorcycle awareness and safety.
If you or a loved one has been hit by a negligent driver and needs compensation, a Houston accident lawyer from our team is here for you. We have the experience and track record needed to handle your case skillfully and to get the best possible results so that you can focus on healing from your accident.
The Serious Nature of Motorcycle Accidents
While some accidents are caused because the motorcyclist himself / herself is reckless or distracted, most motor vehicle accidents involving motorcyclists are the result of inattentive drivers.
What Are Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents?
Most motorists on the road change lanes and turn corners without making a real, conscious effort to check their surroundings for motorcyclists. As a result, many innocent motorcyclists are severely injured when they are hit by other motorists on the road.
Common causes of motorcycle accidents include:
- Reckless driving or speeding
- Failing to properly check "blind spots" before changing lanes, merging, or turning
- Texting / talking on the phone while driving
- Driving through an intersection without checking for motorcyclists
- Failing to yield to motorcyclists
- Running a red light
What Are Common Injuries in Motorcycle Accidents?
Injuries common to motorcycle accident cases include:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Road rash
- Broken bones
- Spinal cord injuries
- Internal injuries
Take immediate action if you've been injured because of a negligent driver. The Cox Pradia Law Firm, P.L.L.C. is here to help!
What To Do After a Motorcycle Accident
Once you have checked yourself and others for injuries, you should do the following:
- Gather the other involved drivers’ information, including insurance information
- Contact the police and fill out a police report
- Take pictures of the scene of the accident, including damage to your vehicle
- Obtain any eyewitness statements if possible
- Contact your own insurance company and inform them of the accident
- Reach out to a motorcycle accident lawyer near you
Texas Motorcycle Accident Statistics 2019
- Although 2019 data is not yet available, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reported that in 2018 there were over 400 motorcyclist fatalities in Texas.
- Of those involved in fatal crashes in 2018, only 205 motorcyclists were wearing helmets, while 194 were confirmed to not be helmeted at the time of their accident.
Consult an Experienced Houston Motorcycle Injury Lawyer
Passionate and dedicated advocacy.
Our team is dedicated to the people we represent. It's not just a job for us. We care deeply about each client.
We are trial lawyers and not claims adjusters. We are always prepared to take your fight to the courts.
Reputation for success.
We take on tough cases that other lawyers turn down and have recovered significant results for our clients.
Free initial consultations.
Understanding your rights and the strength of your personal injury or wrongful death claim is risk-free.