Jonathan H. Cox
As a Partner at The Cox Pradia Law Firm, P.L.L.C., Jonathan H. Cox is committed
to getting extraordinary results for his ordinary, hardworking clients.
His primary focus is representing those that have suffered serious injuries
as a result of the negligence of others. Cox prides himself on aggressively
representing his clients in courtrooms across the State of Texas, while
at the same time showing genuine compassion for those that are suffering
as a result of their injuries.
After graduating from Prairie View A&M University in 1993, Cox attended
The Southern University Law Center (SULC), in Baton Rouge, LA. While at
SULC, he was a member of the school’s competitive Trial Advocacy
team for two consecutive years. As a member, he developed a passion for
advocacy in the courtroom.
After law school, Cox sharpened his trial skills as an Assistant D.A. in
the Galveston County District Attorney's Office where he found himself
in jury trials very often. After just three years in the DA's office,
he was lead counsel over 25 jury trials.
While working as a prosecutor, it became apparent that many of the people
he saw in court every day were poorly represented and were often times
unaware of their rights. So after gaining valuable trial experience, he
made the decision to leave public service and open his own law firm. Early
in his private practice, Cox was twice nominated and selected to the Thomson
Reuter's list of Texas Super Lawyers, Rising Star Edition for 2004
After several years of practicing together in the same office, Cox and
his law partner Troy Pradia decided to join forces to create a law firm
that focused on personal injury cases of every kind. As
Houston personal injury lawyers, their cases now range from those that have been injured in
car accidents to those injured in industrial explosions. The one common denominator
with all of their clients is that they are everyday hardworking people
that have had their lives interrupted by circumstances completely out
of their control.
After working in the trenches with some of the finest lawyers in the city
including, Craig Washington, Cox has no problem battling in the courtroom
against the big law firms or insurance companies when necessary to obtain
justice for his clients. The Cox Pradia Law Firm, P.L.L.C. has sued some
of the largest companies in America on behalf of their clients. He has
said many times, "The combination of preparation and skill allows
me to walk into any courtroom against any opponent and know that no matter
how uneven the playing field, we can win."
In 2011, the firm embarked upon a marketing and advertising campaign to
reach a greater audience and to provide an alternative to the other lawyers
that have flooded the TV Markets for years. The BigCityAccidents.com brand
has proven to be very successful from Houston to Beaumont. BigCityAccidents.com
radio advertisements and television commercials can be seen and heard
across the City of Houston. The goal in the beginning was to become the
most visible and successful African American owned personal injury law
firm in the State of Texas. After just a short period of time, they are
well on their way.
The Cox Pradia Law Firm, P.L.L.C.
1415 North Loop West, Suite 200,
Tel. (713) 752-2300
Fax (713) 752-2812
- Managing Partner with The Cox Pradia Law Firm, P.L.L.C./ A Joint Venture
- Founding Partner – The Cox Law Firm P.C.
- Associated with The Craig Washington Law Firm from 2001- 2004
- Galveston County District Attorney, Assistant DA
- Chief of the Misdemeanor Trial Division (Galveston D.A.)
- Felony Prosecutor, 122nd District Court (Galveston D.A.)
- Law Clerk with Linebarger, Goggan, Blair & Sampson, LLP
- Intern Clerk with City Attorney, City of Houston
- Southern University Law Center, J.D. 1997
- Prairie View A&M University, B.A. Political Science, 1993
BAR MEMBERSHIPS & COURT ADMISSIONS
- State of Texas, 1998
- Southern District of Texas
- Southern District of New York
- Northern District of Alabama
- Eastern District of Texas
- Eastern District of Louisiana
- District of Maryland
- United States Courts of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
PROFESSIONAL & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT:
- American Bar Association
- Houston Lawyers Association
- National Bar Association
- American Trial Lawyers Association
- 100 Black Men of America – Houston Chapter
- Judge -Thurgood Marshall School of Law – Oral Arguments 2006 to present
- Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc.
- Board of Directors – Julia C. Hester House
- Advisory Board Member – National Black Pre Law Conference